The following message was emailed to residents and media from Robert Pace, acting city manager of Flagler Beach:
Upon our review of the Pier since it was re-opened on June 5, 2020, we’re pleased to announce that we’re extending the hours. Effective Friday, June 19, 2020, our iconic Pier, Bait Shop and Pier Bathrooms will open as follows:
- The hours of operation for the Pier and Bait Shop, each day, will be 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Pier and Bait Shop will be open seven days a week.
- There will be no more than 50 people on the Pier at any given time.
- Social distancing guidelines on the Pier are highly recommended.
- The Bait Shop will be takeout only; no guests within the shop.
- The bathrooms at the Pier will be open daily from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Our Beaches will continue to remain open 24/7 and they’ll be monitored by Law Enforcement and supplemented by City Staff to ensure that proper social distancing guidelines are being adhered to for public safety. As Lifeguards may not be on duty, all swimming is done at your own risk.
Handicapped Parking: Handicapped parking and Beach access will remain available just north of the Pier, at South 2nd Street and SRA1A.
Additional Free Parking
The city has the following free parking lots that are no further than one block from the beach, and they’re rarely used. Here are the locations for the free parking lots:
311 North Central Avenue
109 North 5th Street
504 South Oceanshore Boulevard (at South 6th & A1A)
118 South 8th Street
Beach Access Points
Access to the Beach can be accomplished by utilizing only Dune Walkovers throughout the City, to include those on the Boardwalk. The adherence to utilizing only open Dune Walkovers is greatly appreciated, as our Sea Dunes are extremely fragile.
Fishing on the Beach and the walking of pets will continue to be permitted only north of 10th Street North and south of 10th Street South.
As we continue to move forward during this crisis, we’d like to sincerely thank our community for their patience and understanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.