The Florida Department of Health provides county-by-county updates daily here.
Positive Cases by Exposure Source
|Contact with confirmed case||188,936|
|Travel & contact with confirmed case||4,643|
Positive Cases by Testing Source
|Positive by DOH/CDC||20,997|
|Positive by private labs||566,026|
The CDC updated its mask recommendations on Aug. 7 to say the following:
- CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Masks may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
- Masks are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Masks with exhalation valves or vents should NOT be worn to help prevent the person wearing the mask from spreading COVID-19 to others (source control).