PALM COAST – Artie Gardella, a resident of Palm Coast for multiple decades, has announced the new expansion of his senior fitness program, Synergy Senior Fitness. The change was made as a result of increased demand, according to a press release detailing the change.
Those wishing to attend the new class can come to St. Thomas Episcopal Church on Belle Terre Parkway at 10:30 am on Mondays and Thursdays. The program aims to promote muscle tone, strength, endurance, balance and flexibility.
Though the classes will enhance student’s physical fitness, it’s designed to tailor to the needs of the aging participant. Activities are gentle and upbeat, the release says, with senior-specific content in mind. It’s covered by most insurance providers. Uninsured participants can join in by paying a donation.
“As a Senior Fitness Specialist, my mission is to empower seniors to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle,” Gardella said of his course. “With the expanded class schedule, we’re taking a leap towards a stronger and more vibrant community of seniors, one class at a time.”
Synergy Senior Fitness offers a variety of classes in several locations between Flagler and Volusia counties. According to the program’s website, the following locations and time slots are available:
- Palm Coast Community Center
- 305 Palm Coast Parkway NE, Palm Coast, FL 32137
- Mon & Thurs, 12:00pm – Balance and Motion
- First Baptist Church
- 2301 Commerce Pkwy, Bunnell, FL 32110
- Tues, 9:15 am – Synergy Classic
- Tues & Thurs, 9:15 am – Active Fit
- Tues & Thurs, 10:15 am – Pilates
- St. Thomas Episcopal Church
- 5400 Belle Terre Pkwy
- Mon & Thurs, 10:30 am – Synergy Classic
- Pictona at Holly Hill
- 1060 Ridgewood Ave, Holly Hill, FL 32117
- Tues & Fri, 10:45 am – Blanace and Motion
- Grace Episcopal Church
- 4110 S Ridgewood Ave, Port Orange, FL 32127
- Tues, 12:00pm – Balance and Motion