ORLANDO – Nine individuals, five of whom are from Flagler County, were indicted Monday for a drug trafficking scheme that spans multiple states. Each of the nine are charged with penalties that carry mandatory minimums of five years or more. The indictments are the latest major development in what police call ‘Operation Ice Man’.
The nine individuals and charges are as follows, as detailed by a release from the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office:
- Luis M. Hernandez (36, Phoenix, AZ) – Drug trafficking conspiracy
- Saul Sandoval (39, Phoenix, AZ) – Drug trafficking conspiracy
- Tyrone J. Jones (55, Palm Coast, FL) – Drug trafficking conspiracy, possession w/ intent to distribute
- Zara A. Mascarella (20, Palm Coast, FL) – Drug trafficking conspiracy
- Jimmie L. Bizzell (53, Green Cove Springs, FL) – Drug trafficking conspiracy
- Alfred L. Shavers (48, Bunnell, FL) – Drug trafficking conspiracy, possession of firearms by a convicted felon
- Camarie D. Shavers (23, Bunnell, FL) – Drug trafficking conspiracy
- Alfred L. Shavers Jr. (26, Bunnell, FL) – Drug trafficking conspiracy
- Unnamed ninth member (name withheld until arrest is made)
Hernandez, Sandoval, Jones, and Mascarella have mandatory minimums of ten years to life in prison if convicted on their charges. Alfred Shavers is looking at 15 to life, while Camarie and Alfred Shavers Jr. are facing five to 40.
The group from Flagler were arrested in a sting on Halloween last year, taking place in Palm Coast, Bunnell, and Daytona Beach. According to the FCSO, they were Flagler-based drug dealers who received their product from Sandoval and Hernandez in Phoenix. That pair was said to be receiving methamphetamine and cocaine from Mexico.
Despite the Flagler County group being arrested in October, Sandoval and Hernandez were not arrested for their alleged role in the drug trafficking scheme until April 25th of this year. Sandoval was taken into custody in Phoenix, with law enforcement saying they discovered over 1,000 grams of fentanyl, 18 firearms, and four suppressors in his residence. Hernandez was arrested in Los Angeles, California having allegedly been mid-drug deal at the time of the arrest. He’s currently awaiting extradition to Central Florida.